Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Circle Makers part 1

"Bold prayers honor God and God honors bold prayers"

I will be doing post for a few days on Chapter 2  "Circle Makers"  There is so much in this chapter that I want to talk more about!
The chapter starts with talking about bold prayer.  "Bold prayers honor God and God honors bold prayers". I went to the Bible searching for information on bold prayers.  I was surprised at how many time it shows people praying boldly and scripture advising us to pray/approach God boldly.  
"Let us then with boldness draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need" Hebrews 4:16 
"And this is the boldness that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us." 1 John 5:14


When we approach our Savior are we approaching begging, pleading and persuading 
or are we approaching boldly?  

Mark Batterson states "God loves nothing more than keeping promises, answering prayer, performing miracles and fulfilling dreams."  That is the same way we are as parent, we all want to give the best to our children.  It is sometimes easy to forget to look at God as our parent.  God loves us and wants nothing but the best for us.    

   


3 comments:

Christi Adams said...

I think that I probably spend more time asking God and thanking Him for provisions. I feel that if I pray to boldly that it will be translated as being to demanding and wanting to control situations. I know that He knows my heart and true intentions for each situation and that I should pray more boldly.

Unknown said...

Bold definitely can seem demanding. Throughout the Bible many have prayed bold prayers, God knows our hearts and I think whether we pray boldly or asking, e understands.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.