Friday, June 13, 2014

Praying for versus Praying through

Praying for versus Praying Through

When was the last time each of us was on our face with God?  
Crying, Weeping, Knowing that our only hope is with Christ. 
What a total act of submission to Christ, to be prostrate before him, placing all of our hopes, dreams, desires and needs in his hands!  
So frequently when I pray I am sitting in a comfortable chair.  I need to spend more time with Christ on my knees or on my face.  
"Sometimes faith seems like a denial of reality, but that's because we're holding on to a reality that is more real than the reality we can perceive with our five senses"  I loved this sentence.  It reminded me that Gods plan for us is so much better than we could imagine!
The other side of praying through is know that you may not receive what you are praying for.  We also need to remember to praise God even when we do not receive exactly what we were praying for.  He has a much bigger plan for us than we can imagine   


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree, I also need to spend more time on my knees and on my face in prayer. I talk to God a lot. In my car on the way to work, lying in bed before I go to sleep, even while washing the dishes! But there is something special and reverent about taking the time to humbly bow before our Lord in total submission.

I had never really thought about the concept of "Praying through" before reading it in chapter 4. It says in the chapter that praying though is all about consistency. Just as the Israelites circled Jericho consistently, they didn't take a day off, we also need to be consistent with the prayers we bring before the Lord. As it said in the book, we need to pray making it very clear we won't take no for an answer. We are always one prayer away from a miracle. I had never thought about it that way, but I will certainly pray with consistency and expect that miracle to happen maybe even with the next prayer I utter!

Christi Adams said...

I am with you Cheryl. I also talk to God while I am doing other things. I feel that I need to spend more alone time with just God. This means giving him all of my attention not just the part that in unoccupied at the moment. I feel that it is important for us to begin our day The Lord and end our day with The Lord. He should be give our first fruits in everything! Not just the tithe. This means giving him our best prayers and praises.

I know people who have prayed for years for a loved one to accept Christ as their savior. This definitely takes persistence and dedication. We should really think about how we prayer things through. We should pray without ceasing and praise God for the coming response (whatever it may be). Then, wait for the miracle to happen.

Christi Adams said...
This comment has been removed by the author.