Friday, June 6, 2014

Circle Makers part 3

All Bets Are Off

I loved this quote "We pray out of our ignorance, but God answers out of His omniscience.  We pray out of our impotence, but God answers out of his Omnipotence.  God has the ability to answer the prayers we should have prayed but lacked the knowledge or ability to even ask."
This made me wonder what people say about how we should pray. . . . so being in the age of Google. . . I performed a search for  "how to pray".  Obviously there are many many many schools of thought.  Actually there were 78,900,000 results to this search.  There are many differing opinions and many different formulas.  
A few weeks ago I was discussing this with a friend and she said something that I felt would make each of us feel our prayers are more personal.  Here is what she suggested. . . 

Pretend you are in one of your favorite places.
You are looking off in the distance
You see your savior approaching
You walk toward him as he is coming toward you
When you reach him, you share you heart, your concerns, your fears.  
You turn them over to him. 
Make your prayer life a personal relationship. . . .not a formula.

I loved the imagery and I have used this technique and think it is helping to make my relationship with God more personal.  


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad we can approach our Savior with all our hurts, concerns and fears and He is always willing to listen. I love the fact that He can even answer prayers that we should have prayed but lacked the knowledge or ability to even ask. In those times when we don't know what to even ask for He intercedes for us. What a love, what a Savior!

Unknown said...

Romans 8:26 "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans." Even when we do not know the word or have the ability to articulate our desires, we have an awesome God who already knows our heart.

Christi Adams said...

I love the number of responses that you found on how to pray. It seems that there are numerous opinions on how to pray correctly. This just tells me that I need to look deeper into scripture and search out what God wants me to do.....to turn my focus on him and not to others. I should spend more time seeking guidance from Him through prayer. I wonder then, would this make me bolder in my prayers?

Thank you LORD for your provisions!

Unknown said...

I definitely think we need to search out what God wants. I know at times my prayers life is focused on what I need/want or what others need/want. I need to learn to focus more on God! Maybe if our prayers were more for his will instead of our own we would be bold. As long as it was Gods will we were seeking (instead of our own) it would not seem demanding.