Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Praying Through

Praying Through
Elizabeth J Dabney

What an amazing story about commitment and consistency to prayer!
I did some research on her and she did even more to build Gods kingdom!
More information on Elizabeth Dabney
I read the preview of her book, "What it means to Pray Through" by Elizabeth Dabney.  Who would have ever thought based on the information in "The Circle Maker" that she did not want to be a preachers wife!
I loved the explanation of praying through being about consistency and intensity.  It is more than words, it is raw emotions.
Prayers - BOLD, SPECIFIC and with INTENSITY!
You are only one prayer away from a miracle.






3 comments:

Christi Adams said...

I as thought about her contribution to her husband's ministry, she listened to God's prompting and directions, then drew a circle in the sand. She then made a commitment and followed through. How often do we make a commitment to God and them fail to follow through? She even fasted for 72 hours each week. Are we willing to dedicate ourselves to The Lord like that even if we are criticized? I walked away from this reading asking myself, "Do I pray through or give up to easily?" Am I willing to relinquish myself and live to God and then follow His lead?

Unknown said...

Fasting for 3 days out of 7 days each week is such a tremendous commitment. I am sure that she was questioned why she would fast so often and I am sure people thought it was not necessary. I definitely would be questioned if I fasted even for one day. Each day as I read I add more things I would like my prayers to reflect.
Boldness
Specificity
Intensity
Commitment
We serve such an awesome God and I want my prayers to reflect that.

Christi Adams said...

Not only will I have to pray for each of the areas but I would also have to pray for strength to fast. If you pray about the faring I believe that God will also make known the amount he would like you to fast. What a great way to keep our focus on God.