Thursday, June 5, 2014

Circle Makers part 2

The First Circle


Have you ever considered a prayer circle prior to reading this book?  I definitely have felt the need to walk and pray, and I guess that is somewhat like a prayer circle.  Not like Honi's circle, but a circle of sorts.

On page 16 Mark Batterson wrote "I felt prompted by the Holy Spirit to do a prayer walk."  God provided far beyond Marks expectations over the years! This made me stop and wonder how often we have felt led/prompted to do something and we ignore it because the time is not convenient or it may be awkward.  I know I personally have done this.  Looking back, I wonder what wonderful things I have missed by not being obedient.  I pray that I will become more responsive when I feel led to pray, share Gods word, or serve God.  

3 comments:

Christi Adams said...

I completely agree with you in this area. There have been times where I felt led to do something and sometimes I have listened and others, well, not so much for various reasons. I know I want to be obedient but I definitely worry about that awkward moment.

Unknown said...

Sometimes when I am writing this blog I wonder to myself, am I the only one who thinks or feels this way. . . . Thanks for sharing! I am not the only one :D

Unknown said...

I certainly agree with both of you. I sometimes feel like I am praying over and over again for the same thing as if I am demanding God to answer. In chapter 2 I liked how Mark Batterson said he was dreaming about the church God wanted to establish on Capitol Hill when he was prompted to do his prayer walk. God knows we all have dreams and its ok to let Him in on what those dreams are. It's also ok to ask Him repeatedly to make those dreams become a reality. We must realize that sometimes those dreams don't happen over night. As he goes on to say the dreams he had for a church happened bit by bit and some of them are continuing to become a reality 15 years after that first prayer walk. I want to become bolder with my prayers and I also want to persevere with my prayers until God answers. I also want to be so in tune with what God wants for me that I hear His answer loud and clear even when it isn't the answer I was hoping for.