Thursday, June 19, 2014

Praystorm

Praystorm


I am sure that most of us have done a plan for the future at some point.  I know that I did one while I was in high school.  I wish that I had saved a copy of it.  I am also sure that at this point in my life I would be very amused by what my teenage self thought was a good plan!

"If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans."

As an adult I most likely would look at the plans I had as a teenager and see how small my plans were.
As an adult I have more wisdom and understanding then I did as a teenager.  

What would God think of our long term plans?

Do our plans have God at the forefront or ourselves?
  
God is so much wiser and has foresight that we do not possess.  
We can not even begin to imagine the amazing plans he has in store for us!

Keep planning, but pray like your plan depends on God, because it does!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like Brenda's question: Do your plans have God at the forefront or ourselves? So many times the answer to that question is unfortunately, I am at the forefront. The planning we do must include just as much praying as we do planning. If it doesn't we may just see our plan fail. I heard a joke somebody told one time about two people planning an event. One of the people said, "We need to just stop and pray." The other person responded, "Oh, has it come to that?" While funny that is how I often am. I can plan and plan for something and then realize I never prayed about what I am planning for. Prayer has to come first and then we can plan. Like it says above, "If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." I'm sure on more than one occasion He has laughed at me as I tried to plan to do something "FOR HIM" that I never even prayed about. I certainly need to praystorm more and brainstorm less often!

Unknown said...

I do not always pray when making big decisions. I just decide and plan how to achieve the desired end result. For me I think if the plan is something "FOR HIM", I tend to pray more consistently. If the plan is something that I view as for me or my family, I do not always talk to God. . . . I need to remember that everything I do should be "FOR HIM" and if it is for him, I should be seeking his council.

Christi Adams said...

I feel that God probably laughs at us quiet often when it comes to planning. I think that he would rather us dream big for him. I know that when I plan things and God has His on plans in mind, he wins. I do not get every desire or prayer answered because what he has in store is usually much bigger. I agree with Cheryl, we should pray storm first. All to often I seek out my own plans before consulting with God about what he has in store.