Monday, June 9, 2014

The Jericho Miracle

The Jericho Miracle

Welcome back everyone!  I hope you all had an amazing weekend!  We will be reading Chapter 3 and 4 this week.  Please feel free to comment at the bottom of the posts!  We would love to hear from all of you that are reading this book with us, whether you are in our Sunday School Class or just happened upon this blog.
When I took the time to really absorb the story of Jericho it left me in awe!  Can you imagine walking around this 12 acre city, personally unprepared for battle, relying on Christ versus Self?   This must have seemed insurmountable to the Israelite's.  But yet they did as God had instructed.  They walked around the massive structure.  They did exactly what God instructed.  They did not decide that they wanted to walk twice daily so they would not have to walk so much on the final day.  They just followed Gods instructions.  
How often do we start to follow Gods leading but then we grow impatient waiting for the results and deviate from what we are called to do?
Can you imagine how amazing it must have been to see the walls of this city collapse?
What is your Jericho?  
What dream does God want you to pursue? 
What miracle are you seeking?
NOTHING is to big for God!


3 comments:

Christi Adams said...

After reading chapter 3, I feel that I need to find out what my Jericho is. I am one of those who has no idea. I am sure I am not alone in this matter. I was convicted during service on Sunday morning to live my life more for God and not for myself. I am currently seeking God's guidance in this endeavor and I will have to see where he leads me. I need to spend time listening to Him.

I am also amazed at the obedience of the Israelites to follow God's command exactly as he laid it out and for not deviating to meet their own needs. I often feel like I may change God's plan for me by not following His path for my life and using free will to take the more frequently traveled road.

Are we willing to spend more time with God to let Him direct our paths? Do we need to spend more time listening to his instructions for our lives? I know have to answer YES to both of these questions. Please join me in searching for our Jericho!

Unknown said...

I definitely think I do not always follow God path. I know that I need to spend more time in Gods word and in prayer. I am with you on this! I will pray for you to see and follow Gods path.

Unknown said...

I also was amazed by the way the Israelites were obedient to what they were directed to do. The directions were very specific and they followed exactly. When they did, God honored their obedience and gave them the city of Jericho and the promise land. They knew they wanted the promise land and they were willing to be obedient to get it. I am not always sure what I want or better still what God wants for me. I like how on pg. 25 it says that if faith is being sure of what we hope for, then being unsure of what we hope for is the antithesis of faith. My faith is weak and that results in weak prayers because I'm second guessing what God wants for me in the first place. It also says in the same paragraph that well-developed faith results in well-defined prayers. My prayers need some defining. I need to figure out exactly what my Jericho is, circle it and in faith pray that God will send the promises He has for me. I think God is issuing marching orders:-)