Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pray Hard!

Pray Hard


Do we sometimes not pray for for certain things because we know that God already knows our struggles and we do not want to always be asking/pleading?
Sometimes I gloss over things in prayer because I know God knows my needs and I do not want to always be asking for the same thing. . . . over and over and over again.

If we were living in biblical times and we could literally take our problems to Jesus would we
Crash a party - like the prostitute?
Climb a tree - like Zacchaeus?
Cut an hole in someones ceiling like the men who were seeking healing for their loved one?

Why do we not view Jesus as approachable as during Biblical times?  Prayer can be the equivalent of climbing the tree, crashing a party or cutting a hole is someones ceiling.  We just need to Pray hard.  Pray with passion!  Pray like your life or the life of a loved one depends on it.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Pray Hard! That kind of sums it up doesn't it? Offering bold prayers to God is the key. Never give up praying about what you believe God is telling you to do or about what you need God to intervene in for you. Being desperate is often looked upon as weakness. When we are desperate for God and desperate to have Him answer prayers we have for ourselves or loved ones, we are not only showing our persistence but also our strength. It takes boldness and strength to pray the same request over and over again to God. Persistent prayer is not for the weak. It takes endurance, faith, and trust as we wait for the answer God is sending our way.

Christi Adams said...

This takes me back to Sunday's sermon were Jesus was in the garden praying. Not only was he praying but he was praying so hard that he was sweating blood. I feel that I should be praying that way.

I also feel that I gloss over prayers that I have prayed repeatedly because God knows my heart and desires. I need to be more bold and continue to pray for God's outcome in His timing because I know that it will be perfect. I need to practice m y endurance as well. I know that as I continue to grow in my prayer life and as prayers are answered I will be more confident!

Christi Adams said...

I also wanted to say is that maybe we need to be more bold and step out in ways that are typically not our style and that may take us out of our comfort zone. Maybe this means praying at the alter in reforming of your entire congregation, our during Sunday school. Maybe God is waiting on us to show our desire for an answer.

Brenda eludes to this when she says, " if we were to crash a party, climb a tree, or skip people in line and cut a hole in a roof for a friend to see Jesus. We need to do the unexpected!