Tuesday, June 17, 2014

This is Crazy!

Defining Decisions create Defining Moments!



"You are only one defining decision away from a totally different life."

This section really spoke to me.  So often I let how get in the way of what 
I feel God has called me to do.

How will I make it happen versus God will do it through me.  This mindset leaves me feeling inadequate.  I need to be reminded sometimes that God does not call the qualified.  He qualifies the called!

How many awesome experiences have I missed because Gods calling 
  • is not in my character and it seems like people would think I was crazy?
  • does not seem like something I can do?
  • is not something that I have time to complete?


We all have excuses.  Just let God work through you!

Define each of your decisions for Gods calling.


3 comments:

Christi Adams said...

I feel exactly the same. At the end of this section I wrote, "I spend to much time questioning instead of stepping out in faith. I want God to provide the answers first." In my head I know that God wants us to be obedient and he will provide the answers in due time. I just find it very difficult to accomplish. This is something I can add to my prayers.

Unknown said...

Sometimes I think it would be easier to be obedient if God could provide me with his plan. . . then I realize I would probably still question things. I need to let God work through me without questioning.

Unknown said...

I totally agree with you both. I over analyze every decision I have to make often leaving God out of the equation or thinking God's idea for the decision is the same as mine. What seems logical is what I usually lean toward. Instead I need to be willing to just step out in faith whether it is logical or not. I need to just realize what seems foolish in the eyes of the world, is often not foolish in the eyes of God. God has to be who we trust, He has to be who we strive to obey, not the world! If we obey the world there may be what we call blessings. However, when we obey God those blessings become miracles, so much more than we ever anticipated!