Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Double Anointing


I had not thought about the story of Elisha asking for double anointing as something we could ask for in current day.  It seemed like an Old Testament kind of thing.  

Can or have you asked for a double portion of anointing?

There are so many people that I would be happy if I had half of the spiritual gifts that they have.  Why would I be happy with half?  Why would I not want double?

Do I ask for half because I feel unworthy? 

In the Old Testament the mantle was given to another and represented their being called by God.  Elijah threw his cloak/mantle around Elisha.  But Elisha did not 
just accept the mantle, he also asked for double the anointing.  How bold of him to ask!

So we circle back to being bold.
  


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have never asked for a Double Anointing. I know for myself I often think I am not worthy of even a single dose much less a double portion. I guess I have always thought about anointing as something magical and reserved only for the most holy people. God gives each of us gifts so we can serve Him. Maybe we should ask Him to give us a double anointing as we serve Him with our gifts. We might be amazed at what He uses us to accomplish for Him.