Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Life Goal List

"Setting goals is a practical way of dreaming big."

This section was crazy!  Just take a look at the first one on the list!  Milk a poisonous snake??!!

Do any of you have a life goal list?
I do not have one written out, but I know that I do have some life goals.

  • Celebrate 50 year wedding anniversary.
  • Celebrate one of our anniversaries on a world cruise
  • Go on a missions trip with my Sunday School class
  • Go to Machu Picchu with Richard
  • Walk where Jesus walked with Katie
  • Take a train trip in Alaska with my family
  • Get down to my ideal weight of 120 lbs
  • Read the Bible within 1 year
  • Go cave spelunking with Richard
  • Go to Egypt and see the pyramids

10 steps to goal setting

Prayer
Check your motives
Think in categories
Be specific
Write it down
Include others
Celebrate along the way
Dream big
Think long
Pray hard

My goals seem so insignificant compared to the goal lists in the book.  I do not think I am dreaming big.  I am selecting things that I mostly think I will be able to successfully do.  
What would I write on my goal list if there was nothing off limits?  I will need to rethink about my list.

What do you have on your list?
Do you have a list? 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't have a list written down. I have a lot of things I want to do one day like go and see Pompeii for example. However, I look at obstacles to the things I want to do and then feel defeated. I don't have the money, who would I go with, etc seem to always get in the way of dreaming big. I don't think any goal is insignificant because we all have things that are important to us that maybe are not important to other people. For example, I will never have the goal of milking a poisonous snake! That is just crazy to me. However, a goal of seeing all my children and grandchildren accept the Lord and be baptized one day is something that is small in the eyes of the world, but to me it has eternal benefits:o)