Friday, July 11, 2014

Open Doors


"These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David.  
What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open.  I know your deeds.  
See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut."

How many of us only pray for open doors?  After all most of us want what we want, when we want it.  We are currently living in a time where lots of things are instantaneous.  If you need an answer right away you can go to your computer and have multiple answers in seconds.  We go to the store and can buy all of our food, we do not need to grow it or slaughter it.  We live in the here and now.
I know that I get frustrated when doors are closed, because I feel like I know what is best and I am sure that it is something God would want me to have.  It is difficult to remember that sometimes a door is closed because God knows what is coming, something that would be bigger and better for me.  We struggle as finite beings to see much beyond our current needs and desires.  God see our entire future, and he wants to give us great gifts!  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We need to come to the realization that closed doors are just as important to us as open ones. I have looked back from time to time and seen that if God had opened the door I wanted Him to when I wanted Him to I could have been in real trouble. I'm very thankful He knows best and knows exactly when and what doors I need open in my life. He knows the whole plan He has for us and His timing and direction is always best.