Wednesday, July 2, 2014

The Favor of Him Who Dwells in the Burning Bush

Watching and Waiting


I thoroughly enjoyed this section!
I also do not like to wait to give gifts!  As soon as I have a present wrapped, I want to present it.
I had not thought about our heavenly father being excited to give us gifts.
"He can hardly wait to keep his promises, to perform his word, and to answer our prayers."
I think sometimes we do not truly feel that God is our father.  As a parent, I desire to give me children the best that I can provide.  This is how God is with us.  He wants what is best for us.  We sometimes need to be reminded that his best is better than anything we can possibly imagine.

In the beginning of this chapter it discussed special places to pray.  Do you have a special place that you like to pray?  I do not know about you, but I tend to have lots of distractions in my life and struggle to be focus only on my conversation with God.  I am going to work on thinking of a place that I can go free of intrusion from the outside world!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I also have distractions and will find my mind wandering when I pray. It is often hard to settle down and devote a block of time to prayer. One of my favorite places to pray is on my porch. Something about being outside with nothing around makes it a quiet place to pray.

The common theme that I keep on identifying with in this book is the fact that prayer is not a sprint, it is a marathon. I tend to pray and then expect an answer right away. If that answer doesn't come, I often think God has answered my pray with a no and that's the end of it. I am learning that prayer has to be consistent, frequent, and we also need to pray hard! I had never thought about prayer as a binding contract. Like it said in this chapter, the spiritual contract may happen years before the physical contract or answer, is seen here on earth. Once again that same idea, pray through and continue with that prayer until the answer is bound here on earth.