Thursday, July 17, 2014

Prayer Experiment

"The Game with Minutes"

"We try to call Him to mind at least one second of each minute.  We do not need to forget other things nor stop our work, but we invite Him to share everything we do or say or think.  Hundreds of us have experimented until we have found ways to let Him share every minute of our waking hours."

This called to my mind Proverbs 3:6
" In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."
If we were calling God to mind every minute of the day he would be definitely be directing our path.  
Our relationship with Christ should be like our relationship with a new love!  
You think about the new love so much.  

Can you commit to calling God to mind every minute?  I am not sure that I can.  I am not very good at multi-tasking.  My husband is not allowed to talk to me when I am working on our business accounting because I can not think about 2 things at once.    
I would love to be "God-intoxicated"!
How about you?  Do you want to be God-intoxicated?  
What are you going to do to accomplish it?


2 comments:

Unknown said...

In this day and time it is extremely hard to focus our mind on just one thing. We have so many distractions in our day. You can hear phones ringing everywhere you go, traffic outside our windows, and the list could go on and on. I'm not sure I can commit to calling on God every minute either. I do want to strive for that and get to the point where He is on my mind more and more throughout the day. Maybe looking for God in everything throughout my day would help: Seeing my grandson's smile and thank Him, hear a song on the radio and praise Him, think of a friend in need and whisper a prayer for them, maybe look for those little moments in our day to simply call on God. Now that is being God focused!!!

Unknown said...

I really need to find time early each day. . . before my family is awake, before my work day has begun, before the craziness of my day has begun. . to take time and only focus on my savior. Maybe it would help me focus more on him throughout the day.