Thursday, July 10, 2014

Wet Feet


"When you reach the banks of the Jordan River, take a few steps into the river."

Why do you think God wanted them to take a few steps into the river?
I think it was to show their trust in him.  This is a situation that they could not handle on their own and they had to put their trust in God!

I sometimes stand on the shore, waiting for God to clear a path for me.  Sometimes I wait a very long time before I take action, and other times I am continue to wait on the shore.  I am sure that I am missing out on some miracles!

"If you make a move, you'll see God move."  
Have you ever made a move out of obedience and then seen God move in powerful ways?
How can we be sure that we are moving out of obedience and not craziness?

How crazy was it for Jesus to command Peter to go fish and the first fish would have a coin in its mouth?
I love fishing, and can say I have never found a coin in the mouth of a fish!
We need to stay prayerful and pay attention to Gods still soft voice.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Taking that first step into what we feel God is telling us to do can be hard. I am one of those "what if" people. What if I step into the water and slip? What if it is deeper than I thought? What if I'm not equipped for the task? What if I only thought God was calling me to do that? You get my point. Sometimes the things we are called to do by God don't make sense in the eyes of the world. That's when we need to trust Him and step out in obedience. That's what He wants us to do. Trust Him and take the first step. I always think about Peter and when he walked on water. He took that step and got out of the boat. He trusted until He looked around and saw the waves. That's how I tend to be too. I trust until the waves come into view and the what if's come into play. Whether we think it is crazy or not we must be obedient. If Peter hadn't went fishing who would have paid the taxes? Lord build my trust to even ignore the waves and the what if's in my life and teach me to listen for your still soft voice!

Unknown said...

I think we all have those same what if concerns! I always worry about being equipped and what if God was not really calling me. What a great prayer circle - Lord build my trust to ignore the waves and what if's in my life!

Unknown said...

Great prayer circle for sure! I'll add you to my circle and you can add me. That will make it a double prayer circle:o)