Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Proximity


"Proximity creates Intimacy."

Have you ever felt like you were supposed to place your hands on someone while you prayed for them?

I have. .  . . . confession time . . . . I did not do as I felt God was leading me.  
I was so fearful of what the other person might think of my behavior.
What if God really was not telling me to do it?
All the "what if's"
What miracle may I have missed but not doing as I felt led?

I recently read a book . . . I wish I could remember which book this story comes from.  If I remember I will post the name of the book.  It was also a very good book!

It tells a story about a speaker at a youth conference.  He is speaking and a woman walks down the center isle of the church carrying a young child.  She tells them that she was told by God to bring her child to them and they were going to heal him.  The pastors spoke among themselves unsure how to handle the situation.  They decided that if God sent this woman that they would do their best.  They advised the teens that if they did not believe the child could be healed that they should leave.  Only people who believed that the child could be healed stayed.  They placed their hands on the child and prayed.  They prayed hard and with boldness.  Well, after the prayers were done nothing obvious had changed.  The child was still cripple.
Years later the speaker ran into the same woman.  He asked about her child and as they were speaking a child ran up to his Mom!  It was that child. A very short time after they laid hands on the child the child's legs straightened and he was able to walk, with no medical intervention.

Was the healing due to proximity?
 I do not know, but it surely can not hurt!

When you pray do you face anything in particular?
Do you think facing something changes the result of your prayer or does it make your heart more receptive?

No comments: