Thursday, July 10, 2014

No Answer


Do you trust that God is for you even when you do not receive what you have prayed for?
Do you trust the God has a better plan than you do?
Do you trust that his reason for not answering your prayer with a yes may be beyond your understanding?

I think we have all had some aha moments with what we initially perceived as an unanswered prayer. 
I know when my husband and I were trying to buy our first home we found a home that we loved.  We made a full listing offer on the home.  The next day we heard back from the seller that a cash buyer has also made a full listing offer and they were going to take the cash offer.  That unanswered prayer turned into a blessing, we found a house that was larger and in a better location and were able to close!  

Imagine if God gave us everything we asked for?  I know that I would not feel as blessed as I do now.
In some areas of my life I never would have imagined the blessing that God has provided me.  
Blessings that I do not deserve.     

"Sometimes God gets in the way to show us the way."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I totally agree that God gets in the way to show us the way! I wonder how many times He does that and we don't even realize He has shown us a better path to follow. I have on numerous occasions been focused on one way to go in a situation and find myself suddenly being directed in a different way instead. So far a donkey hasn't been the one to change my way, but it has been changed by something I read in the Bible, by a sermon, or by a wise friend. Some may say that is just a coincidence. I choose to believe that is God's way of directing us to where He wants us and when He wants us there. I'm sure sometimes I don't see the better way and end up on the wrong path. I'm glad God has grace in times like that and can gently redirect me when I need it.